CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So Eddie and I have discussed finding a church many times. I haven't gone to church actively for 18 years, and he went a few times as a kid. Since Eddie works on the weekends, I have decided to find a church for us on my own. I have only gone twice now.

The first time I went to Mountain View Lutheran Church, which is 2 minutes away from Mom and Dad's house. We saw the church being built when we lived over there so I decided to check it out. I attended the contemporary service since the traditional service was earlier than I wanted to be awake and ready on a Sunday. I went by myself. I really enjoyed the service. Everyone was very friendly, but no one came to quiz me about my church going habits or ask me to get involved. I don't think anyone suspected that I hadn't been to church in so long. I think I will go back to this one again at some point and see how I feel about it after multiple visits.

This past Sunday I tried another church called Canyon Ridge Christian Church. It is very close to my house. I wasn't sure about visiting this one, but several people from work were looking for a church too, and we decided to go together. The service was held in a gigantic auditorium, with a stage and several screens hanging from the ceiling where they showed the service, like a concert. It started with a Christian Rock band, which I kind of liked. The service had a good message that was based on passages from the bible, but what got me was people were drinking coffee and soda during the service. It was just too relaxed for me. Not really what I was looking for. So I have one church to cross off my list, one I like, and several more to check out.

The whole church thing still feels somewhat foreign to me, but I am looking forward to meeting more people with similar values and having the opportunity to do activities with the church. The church search continues, as does the search for the Bible I got when I was 8. I know it's around here somewhere...

3 comments:

J. L. Atwood

Thanks for inviting me into your blogger world. Your search for a church sounds like an interesting journey of self discovery as you see what fits and doesn't fit with the various churches and congregations you visit. Good luck!

Unknown

Not having the opportunity to be around much while you were growing up, this blog will really give us a chance to get to know the adult you better and also get to know Eddie. Thanks for including us.

Nicole

Seeing you all in person would be even better, but since that is not possible all of the time I'll try this. Thanks for checking in.

Post a Comment