CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Getting back to what I love...

I'm sure many of you know that no matter how old I get Irish dancing will always be part of my life. Most recently it's been put on the back burner for various reasons, but it's always been in my head that I am an Irish dancer not was an Irish dancer. I knew I would get back to it again. I'm the weirdo that will run through old dance steps around the house and even at the park when I think no one can see me. When we moved to Reno I looked up my options for dance classes. None of the schedules we doable so I figured down the road maybe it would work out somehow.

Last week Nate and I were at the museum and while he was painting I overheard the lady that worked there talking to someone and mentioned her daughter going to Worlds (as in Irish Dance World Championships). We started talking and she told me about a young man (20 year old college kid) that tutors her daughter and teaches an adult class. I got his contact info and this Thursday I am going to my first class.

So I am going to be doing this again: dance video. Well not competing or anything, but doing an hour class once a week. I have no ideas the ages or levels of the other dancers in the class, but at this point I'll be happy doing a beginner light jig. I'm horribly out of dancing shape so it's going to be a shock to my system. I'm really excited and I hope it works out well for me as there are really no other options right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment