Something happened on Friday that was a result of many discussions between Eddie and myself about what direction we wanted to take in our lives. I informed my boss (the principal) that I will not be teaching next year, or the year after, or the year after. Unless some unforeseen event takes place, I have no plans of teaching public school again.
I've been saying for a while that teaching just isn't for me anymore. I love the teaching part, but being a teacher at a school is so much more than just teaching. I'm beginning to feel more like a babysitter, a secretary, and a test-prep tutor than a teacher. I hope to teach again someday when we have kids and I am their teacher, but for now no more teaching.
I am happy that I've finally made the final step and signed my resignation papers. Now I can focus on figuring out what I will be doing in August when school is over. I will most likely work part time for a little while until we can get more vending machines and make enough to supplement some of my income. That's the plan. It's not perfect. It's a little scary. But I'm ready for a fresh start.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment