CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

2 things I can't live without


In an attempt to avoid taking medicine and try some more natural remedies I discovered the neti pot and the wonders of apple cider vinegar.


The Malmstrom side of the family has probably heard about the neti pot through Mike as I did. I was battling a nasty sinus infection over the summer and didn't want to go to the doctor (as usual) so I decided to look into the neti pot. It sounds so strange, but it works. I used the neti pot, which you use to pour saline solution through your nose in addition to grapefruit seed extract to knock out my sinus infection. No antibiotics necessary. I now use the neti pot on a daily basis with just the saline solution, and I've had less problems with allergies and colds as I normally do.
Apple cider vinegar has many uses. Not only is it good on spinach, but I use it for health reasons. When I get a sore throat I gargle a small amount of apple cider vinegar and warm water. Apple cider vinegar seems to kill any bad bacteria in it's path. It's super strong. Don't drink it undiluted unless you enjoy pain. However I will take a tiny sip undiluted when I have hiccups and they are gone instantly. Every so often I will drink I glass of warm water and apple cider vinegar. Now these are natural remedies that are not necessarily support by medical doctors, but when a sore throat feels better after I use apple cider vinegar that's enough for me to be convinced. I'm not swearing off doctors altogether, but if I can avoid taking medicine with side effects I'll go for it. Most doctors seems to jump to prescribing drugs too quickly instead of considering other possibilities like a change in diet or something else. Maybe I'm a little crazy, but I've been sick less this school year than I have been in the last 4 school years and I'm convinced the neti pot has something to do with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment