I've been trying to do some Pre-K activities at home, which mostly consist of art projects when Nate consents and physical things. I'll do more letters and numbers focused things later on, but for now our letters and numbers work their way in through puzzles, reading and counting everything. Last week I did a spider theme because of Nate's gazillion bug questions at dinner one night. I got a bunch of books and planned some activities. We just did these things as opportunities came up. I don't have any scheduled "school" time as of right now.
We read the spider books all week, sang "There's a Spider on the Floor" by Raffi (we are obsessed with Raffi at the moment. Eddie and I can be caught singing the songs at random moments), practiced counting spider legs (when we ask Nate how many legs a spider has he sticks out his fingers and starts counting. Not sure why.), wrapping bugs with spider web (never occured to me that Nate wouldnt know how to wrap a string around something so we'll have to practice that), and my favorite was the marble painted spider web and spider we made.
I'd seen some marble painting ideas online and decided to give it a try since we had everything in the house. The little spider was a somewhat borrowed idea with some tweaks. We just happened to have some bug stickers for the spider to eat. Yum. It turned out so cute, if I do say so myself.
We sold Eddie's car and bought something with 4 wheel drive.
On Saturday we all went on a hike by UNR. It's park of San Rafael Park and called Evan's Trail. There is an N on the hillside so we hiked up to it. Not a very strenuous hike and gorgeous weather.
Today Nate and I went to a bounce house place called Pump It Up with a big group of moms and kids. Nate loves it there. The guys working there today offered up a challenge to the moms to win a free pass for getting a flag up the highest on the mountain. The mountain was smooth with velcro squares going up it, but the first row of squares was a few feet up and the part leading to the mountain was at an incline. I wasn't going to do it and look silly, but I got talked into it and tied with another mom. We had to try 3 more time to break the tie, but I ended up winning. It was pretty funny.
I am looking forward to my first book club meeting in a few weeks. We have 13 people attending and 25 in our group so far. I am amazed at the interest in a book club. Hopefully we can keep a decent sized group. I am also dancing on St. Patrick's Day in one of the hotels. I guess the girls I dance with have a 40 minute performance and really needed some more people to fill time so I'm going to do a few short things. It should be fun.
Nate has been having a rough time with behavior and sleeping lately, which is totally foreign to us. We've been so lucky so we are working on finding a reward system that works. We started a marble jar today so hopefully we'll see some improvement. Only a few more weeks until we are in Vegas. Can't wait.
0 comments:
Post a Comment