CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Week

I've been seeing all sorts of ideas for sensory activities on Pinterest so Nate and I got some things at the dollar store that were Valentine's Day themed. So over the last week we've been doing some Valentine's Day themed activities.

Sensory Bath - foam hearts, foam letters, magnets, a few cars, plastic hearts, flat marbles.  I just looked around the house for things that we had that were red, tinted the water a little bit and let Nate play. He loved it.


Heart Sun Catcher - contact paper, heart outline and tissue paper.




Valentine Sensory Bucket - plastic and foam hearts, red/pink marbles, heart beads, pink and red beads, white beans and tractors




Pinterest has so many ideas and I came across some heart shaped food. I made these carrots for our hamburger soup on Valentine's Day. In the morning we had heart shaped pancakes and bananas. I wanted to make heart shaped hard boiled eggs too, but I didn't get to it.




Nate got two packages in the mail from his grandparents for Valentine's Day. He had fun opening those Thursday evening. My next little theme for doing some Pre-K is bugs at Nate's request. We were having a discussion about bugs at dinner after a fly snuck into the house. So I'm finding some sensory ideas, books, art projects and fun ways to play with letters and numbers that tie in bugs.


Yesterday we went on a fun little adventure to Lake Tahoe to look at a car someone was selling. We sold Eddie's car last week and we are on the hunt for something with 4 wheel or all wheel drive. It ended up being a wasted trip as far as the car was concerned, but the view was gorgeous and Nate found a giant pine cone.




We have continued to enjoy mostly warm and sunny weather. I have been working with a friend of mine from our play group up here to organize a women's book club through meetup.com. I have been searching for a book club since we moved up here and decided to take the plunge and start one since there wasn't one that suited me. We have about 20 members so far and will meet next month for the first time. Here's our page http://www.meetup.com/Northern-Nevada-Chapter-Chicks/. We have been finding plenty of things to keep busy up here.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Valentine's Day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment