Now for some pictures and more interesting things.
We went to the Renaissance Faire tonight. We go almost every year, but didn't make it there last year unfortunately. For the past 4 years or so there has been a blacksmith show (www.poundiron.com) that we love. We got there a little late tonight so only caught half of the show. It is best seen after dark, but staying until 9:15 with Nate was not possible. We've acquired 2 bookmarks (the best bookmarks ever), a pair of handcuffs, and a leaf pendant that we bought tonight. I wish they sold things on their website. The husband is a blacksmith and makes things right there that they give away during the show. The wife is a storyteller and is amazing. We wandered around a bit after the show and saw the warhorses getting ready for the next show, saw some camels, a lot of interesting people, and a pirate ship. I decided Nate should go on his first horseback ride. He loved it! I went with him of course. After we were done and walking away he kept saying more animals. He would have rode that horse 20 times if we'd let him I'm sure. I'm surprised he wasn't scared after his encounter with the burros, which he didn't like. Here's a video of Nate riding a horse.
Everybody helping put up Halloween decorations.
| October 2010 - 10 months old (one of my favorite pictures!) |
| October 2011 - 22 months old in the same costume |
| A pumpkin Grandpa bought and added "Nater Tater" to. |
We are just amazed at how much Nate talks. He is a chatterbox. He repeats everything we say now. He is obsessed with cars. He loves to play with his little cars all the time and he talks about cars nonstop. He loves tractors and school buses and airplanes. We got him some plastic animals from Toys R Us and he loves those too. Nate has definitely hit the terrible twos. He seems to save up all his cranky, whiny tantrums for when he get home from Grandma and Grandpas though. He throws fit about everything. He just wants to do everything himself and whenever he wants (sounds like a teenager). Unfortunately he has recently learned how to use one of his dresser drawers to climb up to his changing pad, and he's figured out how to unlatch the locks on our cabinets. Time to move everything in the cabinets somewhere else. Nate also has a thing about liking to sleep with his head covered. Covering his head with a blanket still freaks me out so no blankets for how. However he'll take his pillow pet Larry and sleep with it on top of his head. Such a silly, quirky little man.
I'm beat and have a busy day tomorrow so off to bed. Hopefully I'll find some time to blog next weekend about my first week at my new school. I'm tired of all this change. I'd just like some consistency please.
0 comments:
Post a Comment