CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

5 Things Friday

Okay, I'm taking a shortcut here and not posting any pictures. Here are 5 things that have been going on lately.

1. Eddie is out of incubation at Zappos and has been liking his earlier schedule since he misses the work traffic. He's been working a little bit of overtime since they have been making changes to their system (or something) and it's been really busy on the phones.

2. I danced in our ward talent show on Wednesday. I'm always more nervous about dancing in front of people I know, but it wasn't too bad at all. I wore my solo dress and everything. There were some pretty funny talents and some pretty good ones too. I tried to talk Eddie into playing guitar, but it was pretty short notice so maybe he'll do it next year.

3. Nate went hiking with Grandpa yesterday and met some donkeys (or cows as Nate calls them). Apparently he was terrified when they came close.

4. I finished reading Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen. It's been on my list for a while now and I finally checked it out. I rarely have time to read so I ended up paying a fine at the library so I could finish it. It was an intriguing story for sure. I think they are making a movie out of it.

5. Nate gave me a scare this morning. He was already stirring around in his crib when I went to get him up this morning, but when I went in to see him he was acting really strange. He couldn't open his eyes more than a little bit and couldn't keep them open. He was so lethargic that when I picked him up out of bed he was like a little rag doll. I called my mom and she headed over. I had already decided that I was staying home from work. I took him downstairs and got him something to drink and he perked up right away. Once he had about a sippy cup and a half of liquid in him he started acting more like himself. He must have been really dehydrated or something, but it scared me seeing him like that and not knowing what was wrong. He's been fine for the rest of the day and has no fever. Poor little guy. We don't usually have a problem with him drinking enough, but I guess he just didn't want to drink yesterday and he was outside a lot. We'll have to keep a closer eye on his liquid intake. I'm glad he's back to normal.

2 comments:

Rachel

Its so scary to see your kids sick and you don't know what's wrong. I'm glad he's feeling better.

I love 5 things Friday. It's easier than posting a bunch of individual posts through the week.

CPTA

Great post!

Glad to hear the Nate is ok. TL has done that once before as well. It was scary and weird at the same time.

Post a Comment