CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Latest and Greatest

Eddie took Nate hiking last Saturday while I was at my school working on my classroom some more. Nate loves to do anything that is outside and hiking is one of his new favorites. Luckily we don't live more than 10 minutes from the turn off to Mt. Charleston so that is where we tend to go rather than Red Rock. We went to Red Rock often when we were dating. We actually got engaged up at Red Rock, but now that we live further away and they charge to drive on the loop we go where it is free and close by, not to mention cooler in the summertime.






We decided it was time to graduate Nate to a booster seat since he could escape the straps on his high chair and stand up in it within 30 seconds. Plus he loves sitting at the table in the big chairs. Nate is in love with the Cars movie and everything Cars so I got him a Cars booster seat, which he loves to sit in (For now). Nate is also getting pretty good at using a spoon and fork. He especially likes to feed himself yogurt, applesauce or cold cereal with milk. It's a mess afterward, but he loves being a big boy. He even likes to try to feed Mommy and Daddy with a fork sometimes. Nate loves chips and trail mix and of course, any kind of fruit. We are so lucky he's a good eater most of the time. 




Today is Eddie's 32nd birthday. We went to celebrate Justin's birthday today and visit with family since they had planned a little party for his big 3-0. Then we went to dinner with Mom and Dad at Memphis BBQ later on. Eddie and I have been there several times and love the food, but especially the fried dill pickles. Nate even liked the pickles. Nate was quite a whirlwind today and bounced back and forth between us and Nana and Papa while we ate. It was a low key birthday, but we never go to crazy. Hopefully Eddie had a good day. 





Nate is quite the chatter box still. I am still amazed that he is saying little sentences and learning or repeating new words all the time. Today he said spaceship. He loves to say Hi and bye bye to everything from ants to people to cars to the moon. He loves the moon right now. Here's a video of Nate looking at some flashcards we got him. You can hear some of the words he says. He calls planes sky right now, but also knows that when he sees clouds on the cards that it means it's in the sky. Smart little dude.



Even though life is super crazy and some days I feel like I'll never make it to the end of the week, I'm going to try to blog a few times a month. Today is the first day in 2 1/2 weeks that I haven't worked on work stuff at home. It's nice, but I still have so much to do. I'll probably take Nate down to my school next Saturday to get some more organizing done. It's the nature of the job and nothing I can do about it. I'm already looking forward to the next holiday so I can be home with Nate.

2 comments:

Jan

Happy Birthday, Eddie! Hope you are not only older but healthier, happier, wiser, and moving toward a great year to come!

CJ

Hey old man, hope you had a good B-day! Papa obviously has too many things since Nate thinks everything is his. Nate is growing up fast. I am glad that he talks to ants. I do too, but my bye bye usually means something different. Love ya'll

Post a Comment