CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Little Leprechaun and Other Green Things

I had a very busy week last week. I finally am able to sub for the school district (I applied at the end of October!) so I subbed twice last week at my old school. I am also subbing two days this week. It's nice being at a school where I know most of the teachers and I know my way around. These sub jobs have been super easy compared to my first sub job at the inner city charter school a few weeks ago.

On Thursday, St. Patrick's Day, I danced from 8am to 8pm. In the morning I danced for an employee breakfast at the NY NY Hotel. Then I went over to the Mandalay Bay Hotel to do a parade for the grand opening of a new pub. I danced at the pub for about 2 hours after the parade. Then I drove for 1.5 hours to Mesquite (on the way to St. George) to dance 8 sets at the Eureka Hotel in their buffet. That's a lot of dancing considering I haven't really danced much at all since I was 5 months pregnant. Luckily I wasn't dancing by myself. I was dancing with some high school/college girls from the studio who perform quite often. The Mesquite performance was a lot of fun and I danced the best there, but I was very tired by our 5th set. I also danced on Saturday afternoon in Henderson as part of the St. Pat's festivities. I will be dancing one last time tomorrow evening.

The Poker Room office aka our dressing room in Mesquite.


Getting ready for the parade.

In front of the pub at Mandalay Bay.





Little mister Nathan is a silly and cute as ever. He is learning new signs all the time. Somehow he picked up the sign for bird. I'm not quite sure how because I haven't used it with him very often, but he just started doing it yesterday when I said bird. He also knows bread now. He knows a total of 9 signs and he loves to do them as much as he can. He still likes to babble, but he's not doing much talking yet other than mama and dada. He did try to copy when I said yum the other night, but I haven't been able to get him to do it again.



Nat recently cut another bottom front tooth, bringing his total to 8 teeth. Then yesterday and today I found that he's also been working on some molars! I don't stick my fingers in his mouth too often to feel around because he bites hard! So he went from 7 to 10 teeth all at once. Poor kid was getting 3 new teeth at the same time, and he still sleeps through the night. He has been sucking his thumb a lot lately and has had a little "cold," which always seems to coincide with teething.


Nate's a good helper already.


0 comments:

Post a Comment