CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Halfway There

Well, I made it to the 20 week mark, or halfway point, on Sunday. Time seems to be flying, but 20 more weeks to wait for this baby seems so long. Although I wouldn't be ready yet because there is so much to do. I don't think our little guy would survive with 5 blankets, 2 outfits, and some onesies. I have a lot of shopping to do to get ready. Thank goodness I won't have to juggle that with work. I'm counting down the days until I am a retired public school teacher. I'm happy to be moving on to a less stressful (in some ways) time in my life, but it's also bittersweet.


I've included a picture of me at 20 weeks. Since my last picture on July 5th I have grown a ton! The baby has doubled in weight from July 10th to July 29th. He went from 7 oz. to 14 oz. Holy cow! No wonder I seem to be growing bigger every day. I am obsessed with the size of my belly. This is the part of pregnancy that I looked forward to: watching my belly grow. Luckily the rest of me does not seem to be growing along with it. My fantastic maternity wardrobe is looking cuter by the day as my belly grows. Thanks again to all of my generous family members for supplying my growing belly with clothes. I can still squeeze into regular pants/shorts with my belly bands, but I prefer my 2 pairs of maternity pants.

I've also included some pictures of our first two babies and Eddie. We bought some new dog toys at Costco so I decided to pull the camera out. Phantom (black and white and crazy) goes wild when I take pictures because of the flash. So I rarely pull out the camera these days. We have been working with him on not going crazy about hair dryer, food processor and vacuum. We need to get him over the camera because I am going to want to take baby pictures all the time. He did much better today, and I actually got a couple of pictures of him. Robyn doesn't care about the camera, but she runs around so much it's hard to get a decent picture of anything but her rear end. Today I was a little more successful. :)



I've still been reading non-stop, but I've decided to go back to one book at a time. I just finished Maisie Dobbs, a mystery book set around WWI in England. I enjoyed it and will probably read the other books in the series somewhere down the road. I also just finished my latest book club selection, Somebody Else's Daughter. It was very hard to get into, mostly because of the writer's style: very wordy and it jumped around too much for my taste. However the end picked up and was quite crazy. Overall it was okay, but I probably won't choose to read the author's other book. I'm starting another Jodi Picoult book, The Tenth Circle, in between book club books.

Life sure has been busy, but not overly eventful. Everything is going just as it should.

0 comments:

Post a Comment