This is the short and sweet story of Austin's birth without all the details.
On Monday at my weekly OB appointment not much was happening and I discussed how long overdue I would be allowed to go if it came to that. But labor happens when it happens and Tuesday night was the night apparently. Long story short, my contractions got very close together very fast and luckily I had finished packing my hospital bags and took a shower just in case it was the real thing, because it wasn't much time at all before there was no doubt that it was time to head to the hospital.
They checked me out in triage and in about an hour's time while I was in triage being monitored and waiting for a room to be ready Austin decided it was time to meet the world. Luckily we got into my room and the labor tub I requested was full enough for me to get in. Austin was born in the water just as I'd hoped. He was perfectly healthy and weighted 7 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 inches long. So in total my labor, including time at home, was 3.5 to 4 hours long. Wow! I wouldn't change anything. I got pretty much everything on my birth plan that I wanted including no pain meds (there wasn't even time really and it wasn't an option for me to have an epidural because of my blood thinners). I felt really good right after he was born. What an amazing experience.
We stayed in the hospital the requires 24 hours after his birth and got home around 1am the following night. Nate was a very excited big brother and we are all so glad Austin is here.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














0 comments:
Post a Comment