The school year ended the first week in June, and since there are only 3 year round schools right now I am not subbing this summer. I am tutoring 3-4 hours a week and spending lots of time with Nate. Nate had 2 weeks of private swimming lessons with a teacher from one of my old schools. The lessons were 15 minutes each, but he learned so much. He doesn't like to wear floaties when we go swimming and love to have Eddie throw him up in a cannonball and then swim to me. Sometimes he forgets to kick enough or use his arms like he learned, but he's doing very well. He can jump into the pool and turn around a swim to the wall by himself in the deep end. Of course we are with him the whole time, but he doesn't like a lot of help. I'll have to get a video of him one of these days when Grandma and Grandpa come with us to swim.
We've been hiking several time this month at Mt. Charleston since it's is HOT. Eddie, Phantom and a couple they hike with did the peak of Mt. Charleston. That was a long day for them.
| This hike was a bit much for old, fat Phantom so he hitched a ride for a little while on Eddie's friend Nick's back. |
A little nature walk/hike on the Lower Bristle Cone Trail. We saw 3 deer, some giant ants and lots of flowers. Not the most interesting trail and not much shade though.
Nate and I are hiking tomorrow with some people from our homeschool group at Mt. Charleston. Should be fun.
On Father's Day we went to the Mini Gran Prix with Eddie's parents. Nate had a blast of course.
Nate and I have been to the Discovery Museum twice this month since it's too hot to really be outside unless we are swimming. Nate is also taking an art class once a week with my cousin, Amy, who lives 5 minutes away. There are a few other kids in the class he knows. I'll post pictures of his finished artwork when he's done with it. He really enjoyed it and listened and stayed at the table for the whole 45 minutes. Kudos to Amy for making that happen. I'm excited about what he will learn from Amy this summer since I am not very artistic myself.
Nate continues to have a very active imagination. This past week or so he has been Peter Pan, "flying" around the house and insisting upon being called Peter. Before this he was George, Stuart Little's brother. Today he is Hiccup the Dragon Rider and Phantom is toothless since we saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 today. He's also been a fire fighter quite often lately (the costume is so useful Cindi!). We never know who he will be next.
Nate continues to be obsessed with vehicles of all kinds, but mostly monster trucks right now. We also bought him a bunk bed recently (no pictures yet) and he is sleeping on the top every night. He loves it. The bottom is a cave or fort or animal storage area or all 3. Nate also started writing his first name a few weeks ago. He's quite proud of himself and so are we. He's such a busy little guy, and he makes us laugh all the time. What will he come up with next? Perhaps you were unaware that you have a leg-wrist. Well Nathan does so I bet you do too.
July is going to be HOT, but lots of fun ahead. I will try to stay a little more on top of posting pictures here, but no promises.
0 comments:
Post a Comment