CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Updates

I completely forgot to post that I got a job at the Gap clothing store. Since I can't sub over the summer I needed something else so I applied several different places. I have orientation tomorrow for 4 hours. It's only part time hours, but it's something. Plus I'll get a discount on clothes I like already.

I have started into couponing. A friend from church is one of those extreme couponers so I had her teach me a little about it last week. I did my first shopping trip as a couponer yesterday to Walgreens. Here's the breakdown.

Everything I bought was on sale so I don't know what the regular prices would have been. But based on sale prices with no coupons taken off yet I would have spent 101.54. I saved $24.00 just with coupons clipped out of papers and printed online. I had 2 or 3 coupons for some of my items. So i spent $77.54 yesterday. What makes that even better is that I got $29 back in Register Rewards that I can use on future purchases at Walgreens. So everything I got ended up costing me $48.54. I saved about 50%. Now I normally would have spent the $100. Maybe not all at once, but over a period of time and that's a lot of money. There are some items that I could have gotten better deals on if I had been saving coupons for longer than a week, but for my first time I'm happy. Eddie even approves, and was shocked at what we can save on bathroom items. I have tackled food yet, but I'll see if I can save there too. I think Walgreens is going to be one of my favorite shopping places.

So that's what I've been up to lately.

1 comments:

Rachel

I love couponing too! It saves us sooo much money! CVS is my favorite. I feel they are so much more user friendly than Walgreens. Just my opinion though. Let me know if you have any questions.

Post a Comment