You may remember quite a while ago, before Nate was even a thought, that I was looking for a church. I went to a few, but nothing really stuck. I kind of stopped looking for a while (babies are all consuming you know). After some discussion, Eddie and I decided it was time to start attending the LDS church. We both have been baptized Mormon at some point in our lives and have many Mormon friends (and family). It was time and just what we've been needing at this point in our lives.
We only attended Sacrament Meeting today since I wasn't sure how Nate would do. I wasn't prepared to jump into 3 full hours the first time back. We will try to attend all 3 hours next week. I'm still terrified with how Nate will be in that 3rd hour, but it won't kill me. We did meet with the bishop today. We are looking forward to having Nate blessed by Eddie down the road as well as being sealed in the temple. Everyone was so nice and welcoming and we are really looking forward to meeting more people and getting involved.
Here's a picture of us all ready for church:
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Solveig and I had tears of joy in our eyes as we read this. The gospel and the temple sealing has brought our little family so much peace and joy.
Eddie: Blessing Henry was one of the most special experiences of my life. I was so nervous, but it was so wonderful to do. I felt a strong sense of how much the Lord loved Henry and wanted him to be blessed.
Nicole: Having a noisy kid at church is sooo normal. Henry embarrasses us every week by "talking" through the whole sacrament prayers. Just know that you are in good company because everyone else's kids are doing the same thing. Some weeks I spend most of church in the hallways trying to keep Henry quiet, but it is important to keep going so that he knows Sunday is a special day when he gets older. Solveig and I usually switch off Sundays/hours for who is on Henry duty. Hope that helps.
We are so happy for you!
I thought about you all morning while I was at church. I'm glad it went well. Relief Society is great! When I get to attend I learn so much. (I'm working with the Young Women right now and they meet at the same time.) Every year or two they start a new manual. This year and next year they'll be doing "Gospel Principles." Its the gospel boiled down to the basics. The past few years they've done the teachings of different Prophets.
I'll second what Brady said about not-so-quiet kiddos. I think that's one thing I love about Sacrament meeting is all the families. Its really nice to hear other people's kids making noise because then I know mine aren't the only ones. There is also usually a nice sister who's kids aren't so little anymore who'd love to help during Sunday School or Relief Society.
Good luck with this new journey! I'm really excited for you.
WoW! I'll have to admit you surprised me --but pleasantly so. I think that you will find the community really nice. Learn and integrate at your own pace. You choose the speed. There is a lot to learn and some of it is quite beautiful.
I always sit in the back at sacrament meeting, just so I can watch the kids and make faces at them. One of my favorite stories was when I watched 6 year old Spencer lying on his stomach under the pew, reading a book. His 3 year old brother, Logan, "fluffed up" Spencer's bottom and then laid his head on it. I almost disrupted the meeting with my burst of laughter.
Thanks for the postings. I love the pictures of little Nate growing up and experiencing his first of everything.
Love ya,
Cindi
that is really great you guys. I admire you for doing something hard right now but that will benefit you for the better.
And...church gets easier with kids when they only take one nap and they go to nursery...he'll be there before you know it :)
Nicole, reading this brought a smile to my face as well. I have now been a member for 2 years (Oct.11th) and our sealing anniversary is on Nov.13th! One year already! Many blessing to come for you and your family... YAY!!! =) I am still getting used to the noise the kids make, right now Tristan just takes everything in... and a lot of it comes out his bum!! LOL that's about the only sound your hear when it's quiet.
Apparently I am not the only one overjoyed at the news. Your ward will be lucky to have your family. (When were you two baptized?)
And just so I can join in the fun...one Sunday we had a particularly long sacrament meeting and when it the High Councilman finished Austin jumped up on his chair and said, "Yeah!" clapping. A little embarrassing? Yes. Funny? Oh yeah! I had people asking about it the rest of the afternoon and telling me how he made their morning. You just never know when your "noisy" kid is bringing joy to someone else. :)
Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments. We are both really looking forward to all of the learning we are going to be doing. I actually just spent the last 1/2 hour reading the first 10 chapters of Nephi. Got to start somewhere. Everyone has been so kind so far, but I can't remember anyones name! I know it will take some time.
Jaclyn, I was baptized when I was 8, but my family stopped attending church shortly after that time. I wish I could find my Bible and Book of Mormon that I got when I was baptized. Eddie was baptized when he was 19 I think. He attended church for a few years with his best friend growing up.
Post a Comment