CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Swimming and Sweet Potatoes




I recently embarked on an adventure in making baby food. It wasn't too bad, but I've determined that my blender and food processor aren't that great. Nate has been eating rice cereal for a month now and loves it. Since he was about to turn 6 months and I had already made the baby food we decided to give sweet potatoes a try. The first day he was not a fan and made some pretty awful faces for us. Each day since then he's liked it more and is now to the point of opening his mouth nice and wide for a bite. We are trying carrots tomorrow. For anyone that is interested an ounce of baby food in the jar cost me $0.19. An ounce of homemade sweet potatoes cost me $0.06 and an ounce of carrots cost me $0.12.




Nate also went swimming for the first time on Sunday at Mom and Dad's community pool. He really enjoyed it. I took him swimming again today at a friend's house. I think he's going to be a little fish. He's so cute in his little swimming trunks.















Eating carrots



Reading a book at a friend's house


2 comments:

Jan

What a happy summer your little guys is having - sweet potatoes and swimming and attention from a gaggle of adoring adults!

Solveig Atwood

So much fun, oh my goodness! I just bought Henry a little swimming outfit today and I can't wait to take him to the pool...I'm hoping tomorrow!

We're also planning on making our own baby food. We're thinking of using the Magic Bullet, I'm hoping that does the trick.

Post a Comment