CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Blubaugh and Other Less Interesting Things

It seems like nothing else is going on in my life except this baby. I suppose it's normal to be obsessed with your little bean, but there really isn't anything else going on for me that is really blog worthy. However, I'll blog about some baby stuff and some stuff no one but me will find interesting.

Since I'm so lucky to be a mutant (oh wait I think it's just my blood, not all of me) I get to see 2 doctors a month to check on the bean. I saw my regular OB last week. Nothing exciting to report from that visit. Today I saw the perinatologist. The best part about my visits to the peri are the really good ultrasounds. I got all kinds of pictures this time, and they look like a baby, not just a blob. I'll share a couple you might find interesting. Baby is looking really good so far.

I did get results from some additional bloodwork I had done. I have another blood thing (can't remember the name), but it puts me at a higher risk for clotting. So we've decided that I'll take a folic acid & B12 supplement and Lovenox, which is a daily injection of a very low dose blood thinner. All of this is just a precaution. I may have a perfectly healthy pregnancy without it, but why take the risk. So, so far so good. Baby is healthy, and if I have to suffer a little to keep it that way then so be it.

I'm back to work, and I'm in until August 11th. After that I will officially be unemployed and enjoying it. It's hard to nap and each as much as I need while I'm at work, so I'll be glad to be home without a restrictive schedule for the really big belly months.

We have a new, more baby and one-income friendly car. We traded in Eddie's truck that we've only had for a little over a year and he loved. But, being the logical man he is, he decided the truck needed to go. We got a dark blue 2007 Honda Accord. We both really like it. This is out 4th car from CarMax. I don't think we'll ever buy a car anywhere else.

I have been reading non-stop as usual. I am on a mission to reread the entire Harry Potter series before the new movie comes out in July. I'm on book 4 out of 7 so I think I can do it. Yes, the Harry Potter books are considered kids books, but they are very well written. JK Rowling is my hero when it comes to children's book authors. If you like fantasy at all you should read 'em. Harry Potter will be one of those books that we read to our kids when they are old enough, just like my dad (and mom) read Island of the Blue Dolphins and Where the Red Fern Grows to us. I am also reading a book a month for my book club. I just finished Friday Night Knitting Club and I'll be starting on Someone Else's Daughter pretty soon.

That's all there is to report. Maybe something interesting will happen before my next baby appointment, but don't get your hopes up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment