I'm a month behind posting on the blog. I'm better about posting on Facebook just because it's quicker, but I know there are some of you that don't go one Facebook. So here's some of March for you. It's been a busy month. The weather has been beautiful so we've been taking advantage of that as much as possible.
We took another day trip to St. George to hike in Snow Canyon. We met up with a couple Eddie hikes with in Vegas a few times a month. Our plan was to hike the Johnson's Arch trail since it closes for about 6 months in mid-March because there is a bird that is nesting in the area they don't want disturbed. Then we hiked the Butterfly Trail that passes by some very interesting petrified sand dunes and some lava tubes.
.JPG) |
| Sand dune mustache |
.JPG) |
| Johnson's Arch in the background. It's kind of hard to see. |
.JPG) |
| The moon. Not as brilliant looking here as in real life. |
.JPG) |
| On the top of a very large petrified dune. I was too chicken to sit up on top, but Nate is somewhat fearless. |
.JPG) |
| Down inside a lava tube. |
One weekend we all took a ride in the Jeep with a large Jeep group up through Cold Creek and around behind Mt. Charleston to Wheeler Pass and out through Pahrump. We had a great time. It was pretty chilly at times and there was still some snow on the ground. It was very windy that day too, but the view was beautiful.
 |
| We saw tons of wild horses driving through the Cold Creek area. |
 |
| Part of the line of Jeeps. There were around 25 total. |
 |
| A quick picture at Wheeler Pass before jumping in the Jeep to get out of the wind. |
There were so many beautiful shots I couldn't catch while we were moving. I would love to take this drive again. At the end there was a big hill the Jeep could "play" on. Some of the crazy people drove straight up the side of the hill. A few made it, but one guy got himself stuck. Fun to watch, but not participate in. Hopefully we can fit in some more jeep runs before it gets too hot.
I'll do a separate post of our St. Louis trip. A few days after we return Eddie, Nate and Eddie's dad went to Monster Jam to see the monster trucks. It was a late night for Nate, but they had fun. I got to have dinner and hit the bookstore with Amy that night. :)
 |
| All the trucks drove by during the pit party before the race. |
 |
| It was really loud! |
The next evening I did a performance at a Catholic church with my dance school. I missed the rest of the St. Pat's performances while we were in St. Louis. It was a fun low stress performance. It's always good to get back out there. I'll be performing again in about 2 weeks at the Clark County Fair in Logandale.
March was jam packed and we are taking it easy this weekend. Eddie hiked today while Nate and I hung out at home. Tomorrow we might all hike together. April is going to be a busy month too. Eddie has the Spartan race next weekend, I have a bunch of doTERRA class that I'm teaching and attending, plus Cindi will be in town. I'm sure we'll mix in some hiking and possibly a short camping trip.
Eddie will also be starting a new position at Zappos. He will be moving to the Operations Team for the call center in a few weeks. He will be off the phone and will be working on scheduling among other things for the call center. Luckily he will still have weekends off, but he will be working 9am to 6pm. So we have a little adjusting to make this month. Maybe we'll all be a little less tired not having to wake up at 5am. Yay!
0 comments:
Post a Comment