Monday we took a hike out near Red Rock in an area called Calico Basin. Eddie had hiked there with friends on Sunday and recommended it. It was beautiful and Nate and Phantom loved climbing around. We also saw some rock climbers that Nate was obsessed with. He even went into a full crying meltdown when I said it was time to go. In the car he told me that he needed a carabiner clip and some bungee cords so he could be a rock climber when he got home. Silly guy.
| Rock climbers |
On Monday evening Nate decided that he wanted to try and ride his small bike without training wheels. We've had the training wheels off for a while and have been using it more as a balance bike. Eddie took him up around the cul-de-sac a few times and then suddenly he was riding. Grandpa has the video of his first time alone.
Tuesday Daddy was busy, but Grandpa went out to keep an eye on him. Nate hopped on his little bike and just started riding. Then the guys talked him into trying his big blue bike without training wheels, which he rode successfully. But, then he forgot to break and crashed into a cactus. I didn't see all of this, but I heard his wailing from inside. He had a few cactus needle tips stuck in his side and some pretty good scratches, but he was fine after some essential oils and some Scooby Do bandaids.
I was determined to see him ride and get some videos today. He stayed off the bigger blue bike, but rode the red one pretty successfully. He is still wobbly and puts his feet down to slow down, but I'm impressed at how fast he caught on. We were discussing on Monday how you would have a hard time convincing Nate to do or try something before he is ready, but once he's ready, watch out. He picks things up fast.
We've also had the pleasure to watch Haddie yesterday and today since Amy had Baby Boy Zeleski yesterday. I won't say more since it is her story to tell someday when she has time or energy.
Eddie is in his 4th week back at Zappos and is finally moving downtown tomorrow. I have been tutoring twice a week and subbing on Fridays in addition to keeping Nate busy. Eddie and I are doing a 3 week cleanse, but I will post more about that in 2 weeks when we finish. So far so good. I will try to post some pictures from our trip to Tahoe before we moved and pictures from a hike on Eddie's birthday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment