On Saturday I attended a Preppers meetup about using essential oils for health care. Eddie usually attends the Preppers meetups, but I have really been wanting to learn about using essential oils for health care so I went. It also happened that a sale at the kid's consignment shop was going on and the warehouse sale at a local bookstore so I just made a day out of it. Since I was going to be gone all day the boys went to the car museum (I don't remember the official name) downtown and had lunch together afterward. They had a great time. It was a special day because we could use our membership from the Discovery Museum to get in free. They'll do that again in September so we'll have to be sure to take Nate again.
| The noodle car they made |
| A picture Nate took of Eddie. He's quite the photographer these days. |
| Nate's favorite vehicle |
On Sunday we decided to go explore a lake just over the border in California called Frenchman's Lake. It was about a 45 minute drive north on the 395. We found a nice spot to set up some chairs and play in the water. It was warmer than we expected but Eddie and I were not in bathing suits so we didn't do some more than wade. Nate wanted to be in the water the whole time. Phantom liked the water too and had fun playing ball along the beach. He won't actually swim though. We are thinking about planning our first family campout there sometime in the next month.
| Barking at the camera, of course |
After the lake and an early dinner we went out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. Eddie and I aren't big ice cream eaters so Nate has never had ice cream somewhere like that before. We let him get anything he wanted so he ordered vanilla ice cream with gummy bears and M&Ms. Nate loves ice cream. He's had ice cream instead of birthday cakes the last few years. Nate is wearing his Jake the pirate headband. He's been Jake for a few days now.
We had a fun and busy weekend again. We enjoyed a laid back day together today. Our hour of no power resulted in an hour long game playing session with Cootie and Candy Land. Nate is starting to actually be able to play games now. It's about bedtime for Nate, which will involve reading about Splat the Cat, knights and dragons, super heroes or anything else that catches his eye tonight.
0 comments:
Post a Comment