CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 25, 2011

What's New

Life has just been so crazy lately that I have been horrible about taking pictures and videos on a regular basis. Luckily Grandma takes pictures most times Nate is over. I have been working at the Gap for about a month now. My hours have been increasing since so many people are taking days off for vacations and such. I am working 35 hours next week. Good to have the hours, but I'm exhausted and miss spending time with Nate.

Nate is just a chatterbox. He mostly talks in his own language that resembles some language from Star Wars. One word he says often is dat do wah. No clue what is means, but it means something apparently. His vocabulary is expanding rapidly. Sometimes he says a word once, so I figure it's just an accident. He recently said turtle, but we'll see if he says it again. Nate's newest words are guys (for cars), bo (ball), hot, ice and poop. Yes, poop. It's so cute when he says it and he's very good at pointing out dog poop in the yard that needs to be picked up if we are outside. He's very helpful and particular about how things should be. All you have to do is show him how something is done one and he insists that it be done that way all the time.

Nate is also obsessed with books right now. He can actually sit through a whole book or two before needing to hop down and run around for a minute. We read the same 2 or 3 books multiple times daily by Nate's request. He is currently obsessed with Chimps Don't Wear Glasses, I Love Bugs (thanks Great Grandma Atwood), and The Flea's Sneeze (cutest pictures!). He tore apart his bookcase several times today looking for one of those books that happened to be downstairs.

Nate still loves to terrorize the dogs. His favorite thing to do right now is pull out some of their fur and then pretend to eat it. Yes, disgusting! I think he does it because he knows he'll get a reaction out of us. Little stinker.

Eddie has recently accepted a job at Zappos, the online shoe and clothing company. They have a huge office in town and got got a job in their call center. Entry level job, but great opportunities to move within the company and try different positions. So definitely potential in this job. The bad thing is that it won't start until the beginning of September when they have an opening in the training class he needs to attend.

That's the latest news from our household. We are staying busy, almost too busy, but that's life.

Here are some pictures from our swimming trip on Father's Day.





1 comments:

Amy

I'm glad Eddie has a job with Zappos, and I'm glad you have a lot of hours at the Gap. Sorry it's taking time away from family and that it's exhausting. Let us know if you need help with anything!

We are more settled down now, so we should get together sometime soon. I know next week is a crazy work week for you, so sometime after next week? Love reading your blogs!

Post a Comment