CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Little Early Christmas Present Part 1

This will probably be ridiculously long as I try to put the experiences of the last few days into something that makes sense. Here is Nathan's birth story:

I went for monitoring on Friday and Nathan passed without a problem. He was super active all day Saturday too. On Sunday there was a huge difference in how active he was. I'd get a few movements after eating, but I knew it wasn't enough. Eddie and I decided to head to Labor and Delivery to get checked out at about 8:00 that evening. We had the carseat in the car and the hospital bags just in case. When we got there they hooked me up to the heart rate and contraction monitor for a good while. I drank a ton of water and juice and it got him moving again. Even though he was doing well it still wasn't perfect. He was having little dips in his heart rate on the monitor. The nurse told me I was non-compliant for not coming in sooner that day. I guess I was in trouble. The on-call doctor from my OB's office recommended that I be induced that night because of the dips in the heart rate and the fact that I was having a few contractions and dilating already. So off we went to my room in Labor and Delivery. I always hoped that I could avoid being induced because I didn't want any extra medicines of any kind, but here I was off to be induced. I was surprised, but I took it all in stride. It was time for the little guy to make his arrival.

More to come later. Time to feed the munchkin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment